Covid-19 Policy changes
We are happy to welcome our guests back to beautiful Cornwall, enabling a fabulous experience, whilst providing you with as safe an environment as possible.
We feel we have worked out a balance of providing a Covid-19 safe environment and a comfortable holiday accommodation, using the government guidelines . We still want our guests to experience a traditional Cornish, characterful, property to chill-out in. Covid-19 is something that we all have to live with for now and find safe, sensible policies to work with, until we are all protect with the vaccine.
Every owner will have to do their own risk assessment for their individual properties, as every property is different. From there, we decide within these parameters what will work in keeping our guests, housekeepers, neighbours, tradespeople etc. safe. Transparency is the way forward, so you can do your own risk assessment on whether Seabreeze cottage meets yours and your parties needs and standards.
Our Logic being, if you have decided to travel to Cornwall from the safety of your own home. Visiting a service station, supermarkets, cafe ,theme park etc whilst on holiday, you have already started taking calculated risks.
But as we’ve been experiencing over the past few months, the situation is constantly changing. As new legislation is imposed, we will be making regular updates to our policies. Please keep an eye on this page, and we will update our booked guests by email.
If Lockdown in Cornwall is announced by the government, this is what we propose:
Booking at low risk:
- We will transfer your holiday to a later date available within 12 months of your initial holiday or give a full refund of any monies paid ,less £50 administration charge.
- If lockdown happens during your holiday with us, we will refund from the day of departure for the completed days not taken at Seabreeze cottage.
- If you, or any of your party are unable to travel for whatever reason for your requested dates, there would be no refund. Our normal T & C’s apply.
Please note for everyones health and wellbeing and duty of care - you, or any of your party would not be allowed to isolate at the cottage for any reasons:
- if you, or any of your party became unwell before or still isolating before your holiday, you have to wait until your isolation term is over before commencing your holiday.
- If you, or any of your party became unwell during their stay with us- you would need to travel home straight away and please notify us immediately, so we can take the necessary precautions.
- No refunds will be made for un-completed holiday days. Normal T & C’s apply
- We advise you to have appropriate travel insurance
Before your stay:
- We will send our welcome pack by email, answer any questions you may have to plan your ideal holiday with us.
- Please plan not to arrive before 4pm at Seabreeze (or until we have texted you that Seabreeze Cottage is ready for your stay). Our housekeepers need to have time to complete the cleaning protocols whilst abiding by the social distancing rules.
- All Your party must wash your hands in line with government guidelines every time you enter Seabreeze cottage.
- We will supply a sealed bar of soap for each sink.
- All your party must observe the social distancing government guidelines at all times, especially with respect to our neighbours.
- Our housekeepers will be preforming a two stage cleaning regime. Firstly, completing a deep clean followed by a sanitise protocol (please see below). Paying extra attention to high touch areas.
- We are using an anti-viral sanitiser https://edge-protect.co.uk/ Kills and protects against 99.99% of bacteria & enveloped viruses. Proven to kill Coronavirus, MRSA, E-Coli and Norovirus Laboratory tested to BS EN 1276 and BS EN 14476.
- We will leave cleaning products at property for your use, should you wish to clean any surfaces yourself upon arrival or during your stay.
- We encourage you to keep the cottage clean during your stay for your safety and please leave the cottage clean on your departure for the safety of our housekeepers.
- We are able to supply all bedlinen, towels, and tea towels for your stay with us.
- Our bed linen is professionally laundered after each visit and we have various sets of linen.
- Our pillows duvets and mattresses will all have protectors.
- We are also using an anti-viral sanitising spray applied onto these protectors
- Duvets are changed each changeover and quarantined (double sets for each bed), and fresh duvets is used each changeover.
- As bedding is a personal thing, if you’d prefer to bring your own bed linen, pillows and duvets we are happy to adapt our clean for you.
- The mattress protectors on the beds must remain on the bed regardless of any bedding you bring yourselves.
- You are welcome to put your own protectors over the top of ours if you prefer,
- We ask that you let us know asap, whether you decide to bring your own bedding or duvets, so we can communicate this to our housekeepers, enabling them to prepare for your individual needs.
Further notes on bedding:
- We will need our guest to strip off the bed linen and bag up prior to their departure. Please leave protectors on. This is to protect our housekeepers from any potential contact with the virus.
Crockery and cutlery:
- We will have put a full set of crockery and cutlery through a hot wash in our dishwasher. Items will be left in dishwasher so you know that these are completely safe for use on your arrival.
- Sofa, cushions, curtains will be sprayed with with anti-viral sanitiser.
Books, games, Dvds beach games and equipment, Bbq, picnic equipment, ornaments, visitor comment book:
- We recognise that it will be impossible to clean every page of every book, game etc… We considered removing all these items. These items add enjoyment to your stay and would reduce the holiday experience.
- So we have decided to leave all items without easy access for your safety.
- You have the choice to leave these items for 72 hours before use (as virus cannot last longer, so should be safe to use) or you can sanitise before use.
- You must vacate seabreeze cottage before 10 am to leave adequate time for our housekeepers to clean for our next guests.
- Strip used beds (NOT PROTECTORS) and place in laundry bags
- Household rubbished bagged and remove into outside wheelie bin
- Leave windows open (weather permitting) to air cottage before our housekeepers enter to reduce their risk.
We hope you feel reassured that we have put the necessary precautions in place, so that you and your party can have a safe, stress- relieving holiday experience with us.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any queries you may have.
We look forward to welcoming you and your party at Seabeeze Cottage soon.
Thank-you for your understand and help with these safety procedures.
Happy holidays Simon and Jeanette